BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows 2000 server and windows 2003 server

2008-06-18 03:09:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows 2000 server and windows 2003 server
From: "David Kuntadi" <d.kuntadi AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:09:14 +0700
>>From backuppc server, I could see the windows server using "smbtree -b
-N",  and using "smbtree -b -U username%password" I could even see the
shared folders.

But when I try to backup using smb, still it was aborted due to "no file dump".

I decided to mount windows server share first to backuppc server, and
backup using localhost. So far it could backup successfully.

Anybody has comment on the drawback of this method?

Regards,
David