BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows 2000 server and windows 2003 server

2008-06-17 23:33:39
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows 2000 server and windows 2003 server
From: "David Kuntadi" <d.kuntadi AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Jim McNamara" <jim.mcnamara AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:36:32 +0700
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Jim McNamara <jim.mcnamara AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> First things first. How did you install rsyncd on the server? Did you use
> the cygwin-rsyncd package from the sourceforge site?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=34854&package_id=88133

Yes, this is exactly the software I use.

> Odds are very good that you have a windows or other software firewall in
> place. You need to punch a hole at port 873 for rsync to get through.

You are right, but I do not know how to open it as the windows 2000
server do not have firewall.

> If "rsync host::" doesn't return anything, you aren't making a connection to
> the windows box.

It connection refused.

I also tried using smb, but there was an error as well:

tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0
sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share d)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share d)

Mabe the problem with smb is this one:
Dear Craig,
first of all I want to say thank you very very much for such a great
piece of free software and all the time you (and the other developers)
spent for it!

But I think, I've found a little (really tiny) bug in the regexp in line
244 of Smb.pm (BackupPC version 2.0.2):

I think it should better be as follows:

But I do not know where the Smb.pm is. So, both smb and rsync still fail.

Regards,
David