BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows 2000 server and windows 2003 server

2008-06-17 08:31:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Windows 2000 server and windows 2003 server
From: Les Mikesell <les AT futuresource DOT com>
To: David Kuntadi <d.kuntadi AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:30:52 -0500
David Kuntadi wrote:
> Is there any clear instruction to backup windows 2000 and 2003 server?
>
> I try to use rsyncd and run it as service in windows server, and
> backup using rsync but connection was refused.

Use the rsyncd xfer method on backuppc to talk to a standalone rsyncd on
the client.  The rsync method expects to use ssh to start the remote
instance.  You can test from the command line with the syntax:

rsync host::module

The double colons indicate a standalone remote and if you don't give a
2nd argument you'll get a directory listing instead of a copy.  If you
don't get a connection, check for firewalling between or on the client.