BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with apache2

2008-06-04 08:37:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with apache2
From: Sam Przyswa <samp AT arial-concept DOT com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:36:51 +0200
Adam Goryachev a écrit :

> Sam Przyswa wrote:
>
>> Adam Goryachev a écrit :
>> So, I got the backuppc Debian Etch/backport 3.1.0-2 and install it. It
>> seems work but I copied the entire directory from my old server with the
>> v2.1.2 with the root dir as /var/local/BackupPC and the subdir:
>>
>> ./conf
>>

> Copy only the host config files from here to your new debian server into
> /etc/backuppc/hostname.pl
>

>> ./cpool
>> ./pc
>> ./log
>>

> Copy these three dirs to /var/lib/backuppc

There are more than 130 Gb of backup files !

>> In /etc/backuppc/config.pl I set:
>>
>> $Conf{TopDir} =
>> '/var/local/BackupPC';
>>

> DO NOT CHANGE the TopDir in the config.pl file!! That has been said so
> many times on this list!

That's work for me some backups are in progress at thit time...

> Leave the topdir alone, and just edit the other things in the config.pl
> that you want to customise.
>
> The best way I found to do this is something like this:
> grep -v ^\# oldconfig.pl > /tmp/oldconfig.pl
> grep -v ^\# newconfig.pl > /tmp/newconfig.pl
> diff -u /tmp/oldconfig.pl /tmp/newconfig.pl
>

>> $Conf{ConfDir} = '/var/local/BackupPC/conf';
>>

> Keep your configs in /etc/backuppc
>

>> But in /var/local/BackupPC/conf/ I already have a config.pl and a hosts
>> files. I copied the hosts file in /etc/backuppc but the host summary now
>> show the hosts but with no backup.
>>

> Right, because you can't change the topdir/confdir like that... You have
> strayed from the path, but once you come back to the "Debian Way" then
> you will be fine. Put the data were your package manager wants you to,
> and you will find things significantly easier, especially when it is
> time to upgrade. This is true for ALL distro/package based systems.

So, I succeed to make it working with the basic config (not in
virtualhost). With the Debian BackupPC .deb package the main script
become index.cgi instead of BackupPC_Admin and I had to change the URL
as ./backuppc/index.cgi

At this time I have to backup all my machine and then I'll change the
apache2 config to make it working as virtualhost.

Big thanks to all of backupc users who help me !

Sam.

--
Sam Przyswa - Chef de projet
Email: samp AT arial-concept DOT com