BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with apache2

2008-06-03 22:50:43
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with apache2
From: Sam Przyswa <samp AT arial-concept DOT com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 04:50:20 +0200
Adam Goryachev a écrit :

> Sam Przyswa wrote:

>>> Normally httpd.conf has something like:
>>>

>> apache2 don't use httpd.conf but apache2.conf I said APACHE2
>>

> Same thing... lots of stuff is not different between apache 1 and apache
> 2...
>

>> I restart to the beginning :
>>
>> I have a virtualhost named backups-xl.my.domain.com on machine named
>> sun.my.domain.com with the main script in a directory
>> /var/apache2/BackupPC_Admin and I want run my backups as
>> http://backups-xl.my.domain.com/BackupPC_Admin
>>

> This is wrong and doesn't allow the below either... You can't access the
> cgi script in the root (ok, I'll give you a work-around below).
>

>> The bin and libs are in /usr/share/backuppc set by the install script
>> all owned by backuppc user and setuid
>>
>> 1) what must be the DocumentRoot for this virtualhost ?
>>

> Set the docroot to something like /var/apache2/backuppc/html
>

>> 2) what must be the /cgi-bin/ directory for this virtualhost ?
>>

> /var/apache2/backuppc/cgi-bin
>

>> 3) what is the best place for the script ./BackupPC_Admin set for the
>> backups-xl.my.domain.com virtualhost only ?
>>

> /var/apache2/backuppc/cgi-bin
>

>> 4) witch directory must be limited by Auth mechanism ?
>>

> I think you might want to apply the auth to the Location /cgi-bin within
> the virtualhost.... rather than a specific directory...
>

>> 5) how to make BackupPC running in regular mode, not with mod_perl, I
>> never succeed to do that !
>>

> Don't install mod_perl ?
>

>> WITH APACHE2 AND DEBIAN ETCH !!!
>>

> Personally, I used "apt-get install apache2 backuppc"
>
> I don't recall, but I might have needed to manually do something like:
> ln -s /etc/backuppc/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d

So, I got the backuppc Debian Etch/backport 3.1.0-2 and install it. It
seems work but I copied the entire directory from my old server with the
v2.1.2 with the root dir as /var/local/BackupPC and the subdir:

./conf
./cpool
./pc
./log

In /etc/backuppc/config.pl I set:

$Conf{TopDir} =
'/var/local/BackupPC';

$Conf{ConfDir} = '/var/local/BackupPC/conf';

But in /var/local/BackupPC/conf/ I already have a config.pl and a hosts
files. I copied the hosts file in /etc/backuppc but the host summary now
show the hosts but with no backup.

How to restore the config from 2.1.2 to 3.1.0 ?

Thanks for all !

Sam.