BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with apache2

2008-06-03 12:51:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with apache2
From: Sam Przyswa <samp AT arial-concept DOT com>
To: Alexandre Joly <aj AT infodev DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:51:33 +0200
Alexandre Joly a écrit :
> Sam Przyswa wrote:
>> Thanks for the link, I changed the /images/ directory outside of the
>> cgi executable directory and now the images and the .js file work
>> fine but I got others problems:
>>
>> 1) I CAN'T run the ../BackupPC_Admin if the mod_perl is not enabled
>> for this site, it just display the file instead of run it
>
> Very strange. I can't help you with this one.

:-(

>> 2) Other problem with the 3.1.0 it need File::RsyncP 0.68 and on
>> Debian Etch only the 0.64 is available, how to fix it ???
>
> You need to update aptitude sources to "unstable"
> # nano /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://debian.yorku.ca/debian/ unstable main
> deb-src http://debian.yorku.ca/debian/ unstable main
>
> Now it will fetch 0.68
> # apt-get update
> # apt-get install libfile-rsyncp-perl
>
> Then, make sure to put back "stable" in your sources.list and update
> aptitude sources.

Argh, mixed stable and unstable apps/libs it's the best way to break a
stable system. I'm a bit afraid to do that, or perhaps to force install
the 0.68 Debian package without change my ../sources.list

Thanks for your help.

I'll try to get more help about running BackupPC without the mod_perl on
apache2...

Sam.