BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} Problem

2008-06-04 08:07:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} Problem
From: "Richard W. Kulp" <rkulp AT charter DOT net>
To: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 07:06:34 -0500
Craig Barratt wrote:
> Renke writes:
>

>> (and back to list - feature request: reply-to list address)
>>

>>> I apologize. I gave the wrong file -- one I tried in desperation.
>>>
>> n.p. - computers are invented for human desperation....
>>

>>> The share name was $Conf{SmbShareName} = 'd';
>>>
>> I think your config should look like this:
>>
>>   $Conf{SmbShareName}= 'd';
>>   $conf{BackupFilesOnly} = ['/TSEPWin','/AscendFCU','/CitizensBank'];
>>

> That's correct. Except for one thing.
>
> Dick: you again has a capitalization typo that is propagated in
> all these replies. Notice $conf{BackupFilesOnly} vs the correct
> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly}.  That's why $conf{BackupFilesOnly} is
> being ignored.
>
> Dick: if you are using 3.x you should use the CGI config editor to
> avoid these kinds of typos.
>
> Craig

Craig,

Thanks. I agree about using the CGI config editor except for one thing
which demonstrates my ignorance. I don't know how to do the hash key and
can't find any documentation on constructing the hash. However, I can
duplicate the example in the documentation, except for stupid typing
errors. If you can instruct me or provide a reference, I would
appreciate it. By the way, I corrected the typo and tried again. I got
an error that no files were dumped. I expect that is progress.

Dick