BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with apache2

2008-06-03 20:25:54
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with apache2
From: Sam Przyswa <samp AT arial-concept DOT com>
To: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 02:25:33 +0200
Les Mikesell a écrit :
> Sam Przyswa wrote:
>
>> I'll try to get more help about running BackupPC without the mod_perl on
>> apache2...
>>

> Normally httpd.conf has something like:

apache2 don't use httpd.conf but apache2.conf I said APACHE2

> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"
> which takes care of both mapping the /cgi-bin/ URL location to a place
> not under the DocumentRoot and making the contents execute as cgi
> programs.  Distributions might vary in the actual locations.

I put BackupPC_Admin in the regular /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ (Debian Etch) that
I MUST set for mod_perl because otherwise apache2 just display. I have
to limit access to only the users and admin-users for the backup but if
I have others cgi scripts I don't want they can use it

I loose my head !!!!

I restart to the beginning :

I have a virtualhost named backups-xl.my.domain.com on machine named
sun.my.domain.com with the main script in a directory
/var/apache2/BackupPC_Admin and I want run my backups as
http://backups-xl.my.domain.com/BackupPC_Admin

The bin and libs are in /usr/share/backuppc set by the install script
all owned by backuppc user and setuid

1) what must be the DocumentRoot for this virtualhost ?

2) what must be the /cgi-bin/ directory for this virtualhost ?

3) what is the best place for the script ./BackupPC_Admin set for the
backups-xl.my.domain.com virtualhost only ?

4) witch directory must be limited by Auth mechanism ?

5) how to make BackupPC running in regular mode, not with mod_perl, I
never succeed to do that !

WITH APACHE2 AND DEBIAN ETCH !!!

PLEASE.

At least give me the right setup to run BackupPC as a virtualhost on
apache or apache2 .

Sam.