Amanda-Users

barcodes?

2008-12-03 01:02:19
Subject: barcodes?
From: Nicholas Brockner <nbrockne AT hamilton DOT edu>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:56:01 -0500
Hi All,

I have a shiny new tape autoloader and I am using the barcode option to read the barcode labels on my lto3 tapes. I have the file that matches the amlabel of the tape with the barcode (which is the same exact name in my case), and that seems to be working fine

I am just wondering if there was a real use for the barcodes, i.e. setting up amanda so that during an amcheck run it doesn't have to load and read the amlabels of tapes, maybe it can just read the barcodes and trust them?

Thanks,
Nick