Amanda-Users

Re: Release of Amanda-2.6.1b1

2008-12-03 00:49:27
Subject: Re: Release of Amanda-2.6.1b1
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>, "Bruce Thompson" <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 00:42:32 -0500
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
wrote:
> Comment:  The presence of a .tmp file in the holding disk when amdump is
> started is prima-faci evidence of a crashed dump or a machine reset.  It is
> not in the database, so if found at the startup, it should just be deleted,
> it is of zero value anyway.

Gene, thanks so much for testing!

I'll see what I can do about the crash.

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Bruce Thompson <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
wrote:
> What are the requirements [for Platform Experts]?

Basically, be willing to install beta versions of Amanda (not in
production) and run them through their paces, and work out any kinks
along the way.  In detail, this means building from source, possibly
after applying a patch or two, running the installchecks, and then
running some test dumps and recoveries.

For platforms we-the-developers are less familiar with, some
platform-specific wisdom is also helpful.  For example, Scott Bender
helped test the last release on HP/UX, and his experience with
building other applications on that platform was invaluable.  Such
experts are also the people I look to for help when someone posts
platform-specific questions to the list.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com