Amanda-Users

Re: barcodes?

2008-12-03 11:12:51
Subject: Re: barcodes?
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Chris Hoogendyk" <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 11:08:51 -0500
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT
edu> wrote:
> hmm. I haven't noticed that behavior. Is there some trick to making it work?

just havereader=1 in changer.conf

> I've had no particular problem, but Amanda does seem to cycle through on my
> system. It does keep the barcodes listed in changer-barcodes. Maybe my
> library doesn't have that quick access feature? On the other hand, I always
> keep the tapes in order, so the issue rarely comes up.

That's probably why you're not seeing it -- it's hard to distinguish
between loading the "next" tape, and loading the tape with the next
desired label.

If you look at your changer debug file, you can verify that the loads
are by barcode.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer