Amanda-Users

Re: amtapetype_problem

2008-03-13 16:49:05
Subject: Re: amtapetype_problem
From: Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress AT arcor DOT de>
To: Amanda users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 20:52:56 +0100
Am 13.03.08 16:32 schrieb(en) Paul Bijnens:
But I think the problem is deeper: if it is indeed that on this machine rewind flags success too early, or that subsequent requests do not block until the rewind is completely finished, then I believe amlabel will have the same problem: it writes the label, rewinds, and verifies if the label was written correctly.

Just a dumb question, as I didn't follow the whole thread: Did you check for scsi errors in the syslog? I ask that because I had a somewhat similar problem with a LTO-3 drive attached to a linux box via an Emulex Fibre Channel card. Due to a bug in the processing of tagged scsi commands, the tape ejected after some time with an io error. Moving to a recent kernel fixed the problem. These symptoms also sound like a problem on the scsi or driver level.

Just my € 0.01, though...

Cheers, Albrecht.