Amanda-Users

Pausing amflush?

2008-03-14 00:10:57
Subject: Pausing amflush?
From: Dan Brown <monkeypants AT shaw DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:02:35 -0600
Is there any way to pause an amflush?  Our backup system first dumps to a
holding disk
before it is flushed to tape.  Usually a single dump will not cover either an
LTO2 or LTO3 tape
(two different backup profiles btw) unless there are a fair number of level 0
dumps involved.

One of these holding disks is via a Gb connection on an NFS server.  The NFS
server doesn't do a whole lot
else so it doesn't cause too major of headaches although some direct attached
storage would certainly
work better.

Anyways I accidentally pulled the plug on the NFS server the other day while I
was doing some
cable management and wasted the majority of an LTO2 tape (16GB of 200GB) before
the server came back up.
Amanda ran along happily for a while, not getting any data, but I assume
polling the NFS share for
the data it wanted until it timed out.

So is there a way to pause an amflush?  If not, where do I make a feature
request?  I realize it's
not an entirely useful feature for every day use but it could be useful under
certain circumstances.

---
Dan  Brown