Amanda-Users

Re: amtapetype_problem

2008-03-13 10:16:25
Subject: Re: amtapetype_problem
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:09:30 -0400
* Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin AT zmanda DOT com> [20080313 09:52]:
> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:42 AM, Javier Guerrero <warriormacho AT gmail DOT
> com> wrote:
> >
> >  My version of amanda is "amanda-backup_server-2.5.2p1-1.sles9.i586.rpm" ,
> > how
> >  i could see if this patch is in my installation of amanda?
> >  I've tried to find with "locate" command any file similar to tapetype.c, I
> >  suppose that I  would have to download a source version, but, which are the
> >  steps to apply the patch later?
>
> You're correct -- you would need to recompile from source to apply the
> patch.  However, the patch is only for amtapetype, which is only
> responsible for determining the tapetype you would use in your
> amanda.conf.  If other folks on the list have a working tapetype
> declaration for your drive (HP Ultrium LTO1(100/200 GB)), then you may
> be able to skip using amtapetype altogether.

For that matter here's mine for (old!) Seagate LTO1:

define tapetype Ultrium-SGT-LTO1 {
    length 101376 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 15084 kps
}

I have essentially the same numbers for IBM Ultrium LTO1
so I doubt that there would be any changes for an HP drive.
The beauty of an open standard...

hth,
jf

--