Amanda-Users

Running amflush to a Separate Tape

2007-12-13 10:42:17
Subject: Running amflush to a Separate Tape
From: Tom Herrera <therrera AT nvisia DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 07:33:25 -0800 (PST)
I am new to both Linux and Amanda, so please be gentle. I've recently come
over from the dark side of Windoze.

I've inherited a small net from a previous sysop. He was using Amanda on two
servers, and I would like to continue use, but I'm finding it a bit
challenging.

I've gotten as far as determining there are a large number of Amanda
directories left on the holding disk. I would like to flush those to an
entirely separate tape, outside of my Daily config, but am unsure how to do
this.  I would like to flush those directories today if possible, so that I
can move on to resolving errors on the amreport I receive (and which I will
ask about in a separate email).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom