Amanda-Users

Re: Running amflush to a Separate Tape

2007-12-13 12:29:56
Subject: Re: Running amflush to a Separate Tape
From: Tom Herrera <therrera AT nvisia DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:19:32 -0800 (PST)

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Generally speaking, Tom, anything that's left in the holding disk,
> probably
> due to a tape error, is still part of the database amanda keeps, so they
> should be flushed to the next available tape in the rotation.  Otherwise
> you
> are miss-placing valuable info that amanda may need in the future.
>
> The real question is why they were not properly flushed originally.

Gene and Jon,

Thanks for the quick replies.  I am not at all sure why there are so many
directories to be flushed - they range in age from March thru last week, and
they all, but the last, apply to a time before I became sysop here. So I am
not all that concerned about the ancient ones, I'd just like to flush the
last one (recent) and move ahead.

So it would be okay for me to tar/gzip all the other directories?  If I
remove them Amanda won't get mad at me?  Or do I somehow need to tell Amanad
"hey, those aren't so important anymore."

Tom