Amanda-Users

Re: Running amflush to a Separate Tape

2007-12-13 14:34:03
Subject: Re: Running amflush to a Separate Tape
From: Tom Herrera <therrera AT nvisia DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:24:53 -0800 (PST)

Chris Hoogendyk wrote:

> One other point to check. Since Tom is coming new into an existing
> setup, and didn't specify in his original post, it's possible those are
> from another amanda configuration that is not being run. The names of
> the files should indicate when and what they are from. I mean, if the
> daily is running and writing a tape, and there are still things being
> left on the holding disk, then Tom needs to figure out why they are
> still there. First step is to know for sure where they came from. Then,
> if they are from the daily that is currently being run, why were they
> left on the holding disk?

I checked, and all the directories on the holding disk are associated with
the one and only amanda config file on the system, named Daily.  Since I was
not here for the bulk of the directories listed I am not sure why they were
never flushed.

Still curious if it is okay, amanda-wise, to just remove the ancient
directories, or if I have to do something more than that.