Amanda-Users

etimeout ignored?

2007-09-03 19:16:48
Subject: etimeout ignored?
From: Ralf Auer <Ralf.Auer AT physik.uni-erlangen DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 01:16:48 +0200
Hi everybody,

        I have a little problem with the 'etimeout' setting in my amanda.conf.
I have set 'etimeout' to 900. To my understanding this makes Amanda wait for 15
minutes per DLE and client, then a timeout should occur.
For some reason this value seems to be ignored here, because for my buisy
clients Amanda still waits for the estimates after several hours! The clients
have only two DLEs, so I would expect her to wait at max 30 Minutes, not more.

I'm using 2.5.2p1 version, everything else is doing fine, nothing special to be
found in the log-files.

Any ideas what I could have done wrong?

Thanks,
        Ralf