Amanda-Users

Re: amdump not working

2007-09-04 08:45:43
Subject: Re: amdump not working
From: Maya Bercovich <MayaB AT tauex.tau.ac DOT il>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:36:50 +0300

On 29 Aug 2007, at 17:28, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 03:17:34PM +0200, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
I don't know xtar and if it's compatible with gnu-tar. Isn't there a
gnu-tar for your OS?

Details are at

Dustin thank you. sorry for the delayed response, I was away. Still no luck. the current error  (for amdump) is:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  biost1.tau.ac.il  /Users/amanda/sync  RESULTS MISSING
  planner: ERROR Request to biost1.tau.ac.il failed: timeout waiting for ACK

I understand that launchd replaces xinetd. Do I have to delete the amanda entry for xinetd?
do I have to configure my client to look for the entry in launchd or does that happen automatically?
Does that error has to do with this issue or is my problem someplace else?
xtar is compatible, but on 10.4 and above, you should just use GNU tar.

i (am trying to) use GNU tar now.

thank you
Maya

Dustin