Amanda-Users

Re: etimeout ignored?

2007-09-04 12:44:44
Subject: Re: etimeout ignored?
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Paul Lussier" <pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:45:08 -0500
On 9/4/07, Paul Lussier <pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com> wrote:
> Interesting, I'm running 2.5.1p1-2.1 from Debian packages, and I get:
>
>   $ amgetconf offsite etimeout
>   amgetconf: getconf_str: np is not a CONFTYPE_STRING|CONFTYPE_IDENT: 26
>
> I'm not entirely sure what this means.

I'm thinking that this is a result of a debian patch; the closest
corresponding code in Amanda is

1123 char *
1124 getconf_str(
1125     confparm_t parm)
1126 {
1127     if (conf_data[parm].type != CONFTYPE_STRING &&
1128         conf_data[parm].type != CONFTYPE_IDENT) {
1129         error("getconf_str: parm is not a
CONFTYPE_STRING|CONFTYPE_IDENT: %d", parm);
1130         /*NOTREACHED*/
1131     }
1132     return(conf_data[parm].v.s);
1133 }

which wouldn't produce the error you're seeing.  I'm guessing patches
to conffile.c may also be responsible for the weird ETIMEOUT numbers
you're seeing.

Does anyone else see this problem?  Paul, I'm not a Debian user -- is
there a quick way to see what patches the distro has applied?

Dustin