Amanda-Users

Re: autoflush and amstatus

2007-05-30 15:56:56
Subject: Re: autoflush and amstatus
From: James Brown <sp0_0ky AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
I have 500GB of data from a single dump to flush that
barely overflows a single tape.  I'd prefer not to
flush and waste all that space on the second tape.
What I have been doing in these cases is to fill the
rest of our terabyte holdingdisk, and then flush to
two tapes.  It would be nice if the autoflush could
take away a step for me.

BTW, we have reserve set to 0.

JB

--- Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com> wrote:

> Why run amdump if you don't want new dump? Why not
> use amflush?
>
> If the answer is: Because amdump only dump a few
> dle.
> Then you should set the "reserve" to a value below
> 100.
>
> With reserve==100, amdump record full dump only once
> they are put on
> tape, that's why it retry it.
> With reserve < 100, amdump record full dump once
> they are on holding disk.
>
> Jean-Louis
>
> James Brown wrote:
> > --- Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
> wrote:

> >> backup

> >> waiting

> >> (I

> >> again!).

> run
> >>>
> >> flushed?
> >>

> >> Yes, amdump always do a dump of all dle.
> >> autoflush allow amdump to also flush to tape the
> >> dump that are already
> >> on holding disk.
> >> autoflush doesn't change what will be dumped.
> >>

> >> Jean-Louis
> >>

> > This is a problem for me.  The particular
> > configuration I am using does FULL backups only.
> > In this case, I don't need the extra backup and I
> > can't remove the job from the disklist since
> Amanda
> > won't flush otherwise.
> >
> > -JB

> > Park yourself in front of a world of choices in
> alternative vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green
> Center.
> > http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/

 Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!