Amanda-Users

Re: autoflush and amstatus

2007-05-28 18:50:43
Subject: Re: autoflush and amstatus
From: Bruce Thompson <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
To: James Brown <sp0_0ky AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:45:34 -0700

On May 28, 2007, at 11:36 AM, James Brown wrote:

Hi,

After enabling 'autoflush' in amanda.conf, and
starting new amdump, I saw two entries for a backup
job that was already on holding disk.  One was waiting
to be flushed, the other was getting estimates.  (I
had to kill the job
since I didn't want to run the 500GB backup again!).

With autoflush enabled, will Amanda attempt to run
another backup of the DLE that needs to be flushed?

I am currently running 2.5.1p2.

Thanks,
JB

The other piece you probably want to know is that even though it's dumping the DLE that is being flushed, the dump will be an incremental, not another full dump!

Cheers,
Bruce.

believed to be clean.