Amanda-Users

Re: autoflush and amstatus

2007-05-28 15:20:37
Subject: Re: autoflush and amstatus
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: James Brown <sp0_0ky AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:19:11 -0400
James Brown wrote:
Hi,

After enabling 'autoflush' in amanda.conf, and
starting new amdump, I saw two entries for a backup
job that was already on holding disk.  One was waiting
to be flushed, the other was getting estimates.  (I
had to kill the job
since I didn't want to run the 500GB backup again!).

With autoflush enabled, will Amanda attempt to run
another backup of the DLE that needs to be flushed?

Yes, amdump always do a dump of all dle.
autoflush allow amdump to also flush to tape the dump that are already on holding disk.
autoflush doesn't change what will be dumped.

Jean-Louis