Amanda-Users

Re: autoflush and amstatus

2007-05-28 15:49:25
Subject: Re: autoflush and amstatus
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: James Brown <sp0_0ky AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 22:21:43 +0300
E, 28 mai   2007 kirjutas James Brown <sp0_0ky AT yahoo DOT com>:

After enabling 'autoflush' in amanda.conf, and
starting new amdump, I saw two entries for a backup
job that was already on holding disk.  One was waiting
to be flushed, the other was getting estimates.  (I
had to kill the job
since I didn't want to run the 500GB backup again!).

With autoflush enabled, will Amanda attempt to run
another backup of the DLE that needs to be flushed?

In my experience, yes. 'Autoflush' just means that as part of the amdump run, Amanda also tries to flush the contents of holding disk to tape. If an earlier dump of a particular DLE is on the holding disk and new amdump is run, that doesn't mean that this particular DLE doesn't get dumped. Why should it? Do you not want to have the up-to date backup of this DLE? At least on holding disk?

I am currently running 2.5.1p2.

Me too.

--
Toomas Aas