Amanda-Users

Re: autoflush and amstatus

2007-05-29 11:20:32
Subject: Re: autoflush and amstatus
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: James Brown <sp0_0ky AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:55:07 -0400
Why run amdump if you don't want new dump? Why not use amflush?

If the answer is: Because amdump only dump a few dle.
Then you should set the "reserve" to a value below 100.

With reserve==100, amdump record full dump only once they are put on tape, that's why it retry it.
With reserve < 100, amdump record full dump once they are on holding disk.

Jean-Louis

James Brown wrote:
--- Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com> wrote:

James Brown wrote:
Hi,

After enabling 'autoflush' in amanda.conf, and
starting new amdump, I saw two entries for a
backup
job that was already on holding disk.  One was
waiting
to be flushed, the other was getting estimates.
(I
had to kill the job
since I didn't want to run the 500GB backup
again!).
With autoflush enabled, will Amanda attempt to run
another backup of the DLE that needs to be
flushed?
Yes, amdump always do a dump of all dle.
autoflush allow amdump to also flush to tape the
dump that are already on holding disk.
autoflush doesn't change what will be dumped.

Jean-Louis

This is a problem for me.  The particular
configuration I am using does FULL backups only.
In this case, I don't need the extra backup and I
can't remove the job from the disklist since Amanda
won't flush otherwise.

-JB

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the
Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/