Amanda-Users

Re: amanda config problems

2006-08-03 13:03:52
Subject: Re: amanda config problems
From: "Jeff Portwine" <jdport AT michigandrill DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:14:31 -0400
I solved the problem. It was a problem with the server compile. Apparently the clock on my backup server was losing time, I will have to configure ntpd on it. The clock was way behind and there were error messages related to that in the compile. I fixed that and then recompiled and installed the client and now it appears to be working. I was able to do a test amdump and when I run amstatus it looks like it wrote the date. I tried an amverify though and it hung for a long time until finally I killed it. I'm not sure what the issue was there, but it looks like it's more or less working.... I just have some more testing to do with it now.

Thanks for the help.

-Jeff