Amanda-Users

Re: amanda config problems

2006-08-02 17:10:20
Subject: Re: amanda config problems
From: "Jeff Portwine" <jdport AT michigandrill DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 17:03:53 -0400
I did the things it suggested there... I checked inetd.conf on the server:
amandaidx stream tcp nowait backup /usr/local/libexec amindexd
amidxtape stream tcp nowait backup /usr/local/libexec amidxtaped

I checked the xinetd.d entry on the client:
service amanda
{
       socket_type     = dgram
       protocol        = udp
       wait            = yes
       user            = backup
       group           = backup
       groups          = yes
       server          = /usr/local/libexec/amandad
}

I checked the logs:
/usr/local/var/amanda/DailySet1/log/amdump.1:planner: USE_AMANDAHOSTS CLIENT_LOGIN="backup" FORCE_USERID HAVE_GZIP

So it seems to me everywhere I look that it should be running with user "backup" but it still tries to run as localuser 'root'. I just don't understand it.

Thanks,
Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paddy Sreenivasan" <paddy AT zmanda DOT com>