Amanda-Users

Re: amanda config problems

2006-08-02 20:26:27
Subject: Re: amanda config problems
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Jeff Portwine <jdport AT michigandrill DOT com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 20:18:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 at 5:03pm, Jeff Portwine wrote

I checked the xinetd.d entry on the client:
service amanda
{
      socket_type     = dgram
      protocol        = udp
      wait            = yes
      user            = backup
      group           = backup
      groups          = yes
      server          = /usr/local/libexec/amandad
}

I checked the logs:
/usr/local/var/amanda/DailySet1/log/amdump.1:planner: USE_AMANDAHOSTS CLIENT_LOGIN="backup" FORCE_USERID HAVE_GZIP

So it seems to me everywhere I look that it should be running with user "backup" but it still tries to run as localuser 'root'. I just don't understand it.

What does the /etc/passwd entry for the backup user on the client look like?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering