Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and localhost definition?

2006-04-12 12:10:54
Subject: Re: Amanda and localhost definition?
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:06:11 -0400
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 03:18:07PM +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
> On 2006-04-12 14:42, stan wrote:
> >
> >In any case, I rebuilt uinsg FQDN's, and I still have these problems,
> >An amcheck reports:
> >
> >Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> >--------------------------------
> >ERROR: amanda: [Can't open exclude file
> >'/opt/amanda/lib/gnutar_exclude_list': No such file or directory]
> >ERROR: amanda: [could not access /dumpdisk (/dumpdisk): No such file or
> >directory]
> >ERROR: amanda: [could not access /data_backups (/data_backups): No such
> >file or directory]
> >Client check: 44 hosts checked in 9.986 seconds, 3 problems found
> >
> >(brought to you by Amanda 2.5.0)
>
> So there is a computer named "amanda".  Is it the correct one?
> Is "ping amanda" pinging the good one?  There is no other computer
> named "amanda"?

amanda@amanda:~$ ping amanda
PING amanda.meadwestvaco.com (170.85.113.24) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from amanda.meadwestvaco.com (170.85.113.24): icmp_seq=1 ttl=63
time=0.650 ms

amanda@amanda:~$ nslookup amanda
Server:         1xx.xx.113.8
Address:        1xx.xx.113.8#53

Name:   amanda.meadwestvaco.com
Address: 1xx.xx.109.24

So, yes there is a computer named amanda, and everything seems OK, to me
from that standpoint.

> I assume that is the server itself, ok?

Correct.

> Are ALL the DLE's on that server wrong?  (I presume you have the root
> fs also in the diskist, but that seems to be fine.)

No,/ works fine (strange).

Also when I do a reun, nothing goes to tape, which I suspect is related.

> In the debug dir /tmp/amanda, there should be file
> "selfcheck.datatime.debug".
> Does that file contain indeed the error messages?

Unfortuntaely there does not seem to e such a file, which is also starnge.

> >but:
> >
> >amanda@amanda:~$ ls -l /opt/amanda/lib/gnutar_exclude_list
> >-rw-r--r--  1 amanda root 0 Mar 31 21:18
> >/opt/amanda/lib/gnutar_exclude_list
> >
> >amanda@amanda:~$ ls -ld /dumpdisk
> >drwxr-xr-x  3 amanda operator 27 Apr 11 12:27 /dumpdisk
> >
> >amanda@amanda:~$ ls -ld /data_backups
> >drwxrwxrwx  9 root root 232 Apr 12 02:01 /data_backups
> >
> >It helps in diagnosing this problem to remeber that this part was working
> >_before_ I messed with /etc/hosts on the Amada machine.
> >
> >I'm totaly confused at this point in time, what should I do to further
> >diagnose this problem?
>
> Would you believe I'm confused too?

Yes :-)

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror