Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and localhost definition?

2006-04-12 20:23:43
Subject: Re: Amanda and localhost definition?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:17:49 -0400
On Wednesday 12 April 2006 12:10, stan wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 09:53:37AM -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:

>> > Right, we are good on that.

>> > I just foudn that out, to my pleasent suprise.
>> >
>> > In any case, I rebuilt uinsg FQDN's, and I still have these
>> > problems, An amcheck reports:
>>
>> Did your rebuild also involve rerunning "configure"?
>
>Yes, esentialy "make distclean ; ./run_configure ; make ; su - make
> install

Stan, see the script below.  You don't just "./configure" amanda, it
needs some arguments such as these in my script.

#!/bin/sh
# since I'm always forgetting to su amanda...
if [ `whoami` != 'amanda' ]; then
        echo
        echo "!!!!!!!!!!!! Warning !!!!!!!!!!!!"
        echo "Amanda needs to be configured and built by the user amanda,"
        echo "but must be installed by user root."
        echo
        exit 1
fi
make clean
rm -f config.status config.cache
./configure --with-user=amanda \
 --with-group=disk \
 --with-owner=amanda \
 --with-gnu-ld \
 --prefix=/usr/local \
 --with-tapedev="FILE:/amandatapes" \
 --with-debugging=/tmp/amanda-dbg/ \
 --with-tape-server=coyote \
 --with-amandahosts \
 --with-configdir=/usr/local/etc/amanda \
 --with-config=Daily \
 --with-gnutar=/usr/local/bin/tar

make
Now obviously some of the above will need massaging in your favorite
editor, so check the accuracy of every line above to make sure its
right for *your* system.

message by Gene Heskett are: