Amanda-Users

Re: amlabel: command not found (was Re: port 35280 not secure)

2006-04-05 11:05:53
Subject: Re: amlabel: command not found (was Re: port 35280 not secure)
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:02:53 -0400
On Wednesday 05 April 2006 10:52, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Wednesday 05 April 2006 15:27, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I found it, at least I did here Anne.  It seems that if you are
>> logged in from a password login as the user amanda, then
>> /usr/local/sbin IS NOT in the $PATH, see my other private message.
>>
>> I also posted both here and on the fedora list as to why
>> /usr/local/bin is not in a normal users $PATH.  In any event, I
>> added it to the ~/.bash_profile and it survives doing an 'su -
>> amanda' now.
>>
>> But my real question is: whyinhell ain't it in a normal users $PATH
>> in the first place?  Boggles this mind, thats for sure...
>
>Well, that has certainly moved us along.  Amdump appears to have
> initialised all the slots, but then
>
>These dumps were to tape Dailys-1.
>The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
>The next new tape already labelled is: Dailys-2.
>
>FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>  borg  /home    lev 0  FAILED [dump larger than available tape space,
>24082716 KB, but cannot incremental dump new disk]
>  borg  /Public  lev 0  FAILED [dumper returned FAILED]
>  borg  /Public  lev 0  FAILED [/sbin/dump returned 1]
>  borg  /Public  lev 0  FAILED [dumper returned FAILED]
>  borg  /Public  lev 0  FAILED [/sbin/dump returned 1]
>
>so now I just have to work out why a 24GB backup won't fit into 97GB
> disk space.

I don't think you have sufficient holding disk as its all collected in
the holding disk before its flushed to the media & I recall from a
'holding disk no' in that dumptype.

Also, what size did you set in the HARD-DISK tapetype?  To do a level 0
might need that set bigger by a couple of gigs more than the above, or
take advantage of the new tape spanning abilities of 2.5.0.

I have to run for about 4 hours, the missus is bowling.

>Anne

message by Gene Heskett are: