Amanda-Users

Re: port 35280 not secure

2006-04-03 14:04:06
Subject: Re: port 35280 not secure
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 14:01:20 -0400
On Monday 03 April 2006 13:39, Anne Wilson wrote:

And I've been helping her offlist.  This error is what you get when you
run the amcheck built in the /home/amanda/amanda-version/server-src
tree, I just tried it and got similar squawks.  Running it normally, no
squawks.

>I have been helped, off-list, to configure amanda, and it looks as
> though I am at last ready to run, except that I am seeing the
> following:
>
>Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
>ERROR: NAK borg: host borg: port 35280 not secure

This was a new error to me also, verified by my doing it here with
a ./amcheck as amanda, while sitting in the server-src tree

>borg is the host on which amanda will be running.  Could someone
> please point me to what needs doing?
>
>Thanks
>
>Anne

message by Gene Heskett are: