Amanda-Users

Another setup question...

2006-04-05 11:03:21
Subject: Another setup question...
From: Bruce Thompson <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:00:23 -0700
Hi all,

First of all, thanks Paul for the help with my server's setup. I've completed a full backup, a test restore, and I'm now burning the vtapes to DVD (thanks for the capacity note too, I've adjusted my tapedev accordingly).

Next step is to set up our two PowerBooks. Currently, both PowerBooks get their IP address via DHCP. While switching them to static addresses is not impossible, it's a bit inconvenient for me moving between home and work.

From what I can tell, Amanda wants a hostname for the clients. Is there an easy way anyone knows of to set it up with dynamic client addresses?

Thanks!
Bruce.

believed to be clean.