Amanda-Users

Re: amlabel: command not found (was Re: port 35280 not secure)

2006-04-05 10:56:12
Subject: Re: amlabel: command not found (was Re: port 35280 not secure)
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, gene.heskett AT verizononline DOT net
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:52:05 +0100
On Wednesday 05 April 2006 15:27, Gene Heskett wrote:

> I found it, at least I did here Anne.  It seems that if you are logged
> in from a password login as the user amanda, then /usr/local/sbin IS
> NOT in the $PATH, see my other private message.
>
> I also posted both here and on the fedora list as to why /usr/local/bin
> is not in a normal users $PATH.  In any event, I added it to the
> ~/.bash_profile and it survives doing an 'su - amanda' now.
>
> But my real question is: whyinhell ain't it in a normal users $PATH in
> the first place?  Boggles this mind, thats for sure...

Well, that has certainly moved us along.  Amdump appears to have initialised
all the slots, but then

These dumps were to tape Dailys-1.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.
The next new tape already labelled is: Dailys-2.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  borg  /home    lev 0  FAILED [dump larger than available tape space,
24082716 KB, but cannot incremental dump new disk]
  borg  /Public  lev 0  FAILED [dumper returned FAILED]
  borg  /Public  lev 0  FAILED [/sbin/dump returned 1]
  borg  /Public  lev 0  FAILED [dumper returned FAILED]
  borg  /Public  lev 0  FAILED [/sbin/dump returned 1]

so now I just have to work out why a 24GB backup won't fit into 97GB disk
space.

Anne