Amanda-Users

Re: port 35280 not secure

2006-04-03 14:15:06
Subject: Re: port 35280 not secure
From: Kevin Till <kevin.till AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:09:08 -0700
Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 03 April 2006 13:39, Anne Wilson wrote:

And I've been helping her offlist. This error is what you get when you run the amcheck built in the /home/amanda/amanda-version/server-src tree, I just tried it and got similar squawks. Running it normally, no squawks.

amcheck is not setuid root on the source tree so it fails to bind a privileged port while perform host check.

I have been helped, off-list, to configure amanda, and it looks as
though I am at last ready to run, except that I am seeing the
following:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: NAK borg: host borg: port 35280 not secure

This was a new error to me also, verified by my doing it here with a ./amcheck as amanda, while sitting in the server-src tree

borg is the host on which amanda will be running.  Could someone
please point me to what needs doing?

Thanks

Anne

--