Amanda-Users

amanda deleting files while restoring !

2006-04-03 15:56:24
Subject: amanda deleting files while restoring !
From: "Guy Dallaire" <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 15:52:30 -0400
This morning, someone goofed and destroyed important files in a
directory. My last level 1 backup was from last friday, and another
full dump from last tuesday.

I then proceeded to run amrecover and recover the files "in place",
that is, I changed to the DLE's root directory before restoring

While recovering, I've noticed messages telling me that "tar was
deleting files", it looks like tar encoutered files created this
morning (after the "human error") in the DEL and decided to remove
them because they were not on the tape !

The net result is that I have LOST data !

Next time, I will recover "out of the DLE" and move recovered stuff
after the recover.

Is there a way to prevent this behavior ??????