Amanda-Users

Re: how to split partitions

2006-04-02 07:06:38
Subject: Re: how to split partitions
From: Josef Wolf <jw AT raven.inka DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 12:50:14 +0200
On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 07:31:59PM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> > As promised, I updated the wiki docs on this topic, see
> > http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Backing_up_large_amounts_of_data.

Am I the only one to find this setup needlessly error prone and complicated?
Would amanda automatically create appropriate exclude entries from its DLE
information, all this would be greatly simplified.

For example, with this set of DLE entries:

  /share/
  /share/financial
  /share/financial/company-a
  /share/financial/company-b
  /share/reports

amanda should automatically create following exclude entries:

  DLE                 exclude entry
  /share              ./financial ./reports
  /share/financial    ./company-a ./company-b

With this, the whole described procedure would be reduced just to add a
directory to the disklist.  No more risk to get the "catch all" entry wrong.