Amanda-Users

Re: how to split partitions

2006-04-03 10:01:11
Subject: Re: how to split partitions
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:53:21 -0400
On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 07:38:57AM +0200, Josef Wolf wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 09:34:59PM +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
>
> > That would mean that the estimate phase should be smart enough (may
> > be add an option "autosplit" for those DLE's where you want that) to
> > pick a few large subdirectories out and then split the DLE dynamically.
>
> This is not what I have meant.  No autosplitting.  Just automatically
> create appropriate exclude entries.  When one sees a DLE starts becoming
> too big, just pich one of its subdirs and create a new DLE for this
> directory, that's all.  No fiddling with exclude list entries any more.

  myhost  Root  /
  myhost  Var   /var

Is DLE Var a separate file system or a subdir?
Need it, should it, be excluded from the Root DLE?

Are there instances where Var is a subdir, not a file system,
but I want it also backed up under the Root DLE?

If it is automatically excluded and is a mount point, does that
mean the directory /var is not recreated when I restore Root?
If not, then there is no place to mount the restored Var.
Directory "var" is not a part of the var file system.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)