Amanda-Users

configurable ignoring of output, extending exclude

2005-09-30 21:08:16
Subject: configurable ignoring of output, extending exclude
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:52:25 -0700
A long term problem with samba backup is that exclude can only include
on file.

An alternative might be to allow amanda.conf to configure certain
ignore statements.  That would allow me to skip pagefile.sys error
messages from emailed status.  I get so many error messages, most of
them from samba, that it is unlikely that I will catch real errors.

With a configurable statement to ignore certain errors, there is a
chance that I will find real errors.

I believe that the current ignore list is compiled into amanda, though
I don't know where it comes from.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevin AT kelphead DOT org