Amanda-Users

Re: Symbolic links

2005-09-29 06:31:28
Subject: Re: Symbolic links
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: Jerome Pioux <jerome.pioux AT bull DOT com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:28:31 +0200
Jerome Pioux wrote:
Load tape monthly4 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]?
EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on reddog.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

So I suppose that tar 1.13 can't read a backup that was done by 1.15 - am I correct?

That error message above sounds more like an amanda permissions problem. I don't think there has been any data sent to tar, so don't jump to conclusions about tar compatibility. In fact, apart slight differences in border cases, tar 1.13 should be able to read tar 1.15 archives just fine.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk  * BUF Compagnie * alexj AT buf DOT com
Tel +33-1 42 68 18 28  *  Fax +33-1 42 68 18 29