Amanda-Users

Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:

2005-09-29 07:19:24
Subject: Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 07:15:36 -0400
On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 11:13:01AM +0100, Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator
wrote:
> Hi all I note that a FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY: occurred and I
> assume that from the message at the bottom of the report that - file
> changed as we read it has caused a FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP.
>
> Have I got anything to worry about here!.
>
> On the myserver machine, the file _.1.tmp: has changed while it was
> getting saved.
>
> and I have read that GNU tar is able to recover from this error.

You may not be able to recover that one file.  But it was a temporary,
probably only partially complete, file anyway so why care about it.

Should not impact the rest of the dump.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)