Amanda-Users

Re: Symbolic links

2005-09-28 00:47:56
Subject: Re: Symbolic links
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Jerome Pioux <jerome.pioux AT bull DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:43:36 -0500
--On Tuesday, September 27, 2005 21:21:15 -0700 Jerome Pioux <jerome.pioux AT
bull DOT com> wrote:

> Hum, I may just tried that but your non-recommendation is noted :)
>
> I am also kind of surprised that noone had the same issue before?

I suspect Jon may have misread your question the way I initially did; that you
wanted tar
to follow the links and backup the target instead of what it normally does
(recording the
existence of the link).

See a reply I just sent for more info.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com