Amanda-Users

Re: Symbolic links

2005-09-28 15:13:57
Subject: Re: Symbolic links
From: "Jerome Pioux" <jerome.pioux AT bull DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:58:21 -0700
get/build a copy of 1.13.25

I got:
tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.13

Don't know where to find the .25 ?...

When I tried to restore the link, it failed:
amrecover> add dbsp
Added /dbsp
amrecover> extract dbsp
Extracting files using tape drive file:/saves/monthly on host reddog.
The following tapes are needed: monthly4
Restoring files into directory /home
Continue [?/Y/n]? y
Extracting files using tape drive file:/saves/monthly on host reddog.
Load tape monthly4 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]?
EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on reddog.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

So I suppose that tar 1.13 can't read a backup that was done by 1.15 - am I correct?

- Jerome

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon LaBadie" <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>