Amanda-Users

Re: newbie questions about setting up amanda

2005-05-13 06:42:26
Subject: Re: newbie questions about setting up amanda
From: Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
To: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:23:12 +0100
The amdump I'm doing right now is looking good: the sendsize.*.include
files for the var/spool/imap/user is non-zero (and its contents make
sense). I guess the problem was that the directory var/spool/imap/user
was not readable by amanda. Although gnutar is performed as root, and
therefore there are no permission requirements, the include files are
performed as amanda.

Let me strongly suggest that a paragraph explaining that the base
directory in the DLE *must* be readable by amanda, so that it can
build the include file.

Maybe an alternative way is to let the program that builds the include
files to be setuid root.

Thank you all for all the help provided.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

--

*** Rodrigo Martins de Matos Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
***  Web page: http://www.isr.ist.utl.pt/~yoda