Amanda-Users

Re: newbie questions about setting up amanda

2005-05-12 19:53:53
Subject: Re: newbie questions about setting up amanda
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl DOT pt>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 18:37:43 -0500

--On Thursday, May 12, 2005 21:37:09 +0100 Rodrigo Ventura <yoda AT isr.ist.utl
DOT pt> wrote:

> Alexander Jolk wrote:
>> Ahm, sorry, I don't quite follow you there.  Your sendbackup.* files are
>> empty, zero bytes?  That shouldn't be the case already.  (Don't get
>> caught by the fact that they are readable only to your amanda user, and
>> root!)  And which files are the include files?  Could you elaborate a
>> little bit?
>
> Yeah, zero bytes.
>
> In fact /var/spool/imap is not readable by amanda. But it is absurd that
> amanda has to read every file in the system... (mode=600 files are
> unbackupable???) Or maybe amanda only needs to be able to read the base
> directory of the dump.

Did you run 'make install' as root as required?  If not, you didn't get the SUID
bits set on the appropriate binaries.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673