Amanda-Users

Re: forcing skipped incrementals into holding disk

2005-02-17 05:03:45
Subject: Re: forcing skipped incrementals into holding disk
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:58:11 -0800
Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT fr> writes:

> Kevin Dalley wrote:
>> I have autoflush set to on, and I am using a patch so that the maximum
>> flushed plus dumps stays below runtapes * length.  The last step isn't
>> completely necessary, but it limits the total amount dumped when
>> things get behind.
>
> You mean, your patch makes amanda consider the leftover dumps while
> calculating the maximum dump size for the day?  Sounds interesting,
> since I've been bitten quite a few times already by this.  Is this
> going to be folded into the mainstream?

Yes, maximum dump size is calculated.

I posted an older version of the patch a couple of months ago.
Someone suggested that there should an amanda.conf variable to turn
this option on or off.  I haven't added that yet.  My patch doesn't
make as much difference with runtapes greater than the real number of
tapes.

Since my cvs connection is timing out, I'm unable to post an updated
patch right now.  I'll look at it again later.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevin AT kelphead DOT org