Amanda-Users

Re: forcing skipped incrementals into holding disk

2005-02-16 03:30:34
Subject: Re: forcing skipped incrementals into holding disk
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq AT spacepants DOT org>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:19:04 +0100
Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

Since re-reading the manpage, thanks to some advice here, I've increased
runtapes to 2, which I think will solve this.  I didn't realise that it was
an upper limit rather than an absolute, although I'm still unconvinced that
Amanda will continue to use only one tape except in this extreme case; we'll
see in the next week how well it goes.

Jean-Louis said this already: there is also the parameter "maxdumpsize"
to override the default of "runtapes * tapacapacity" upper limit.
That way you can still keep runtapes to whatever you like best, and
still collect DLE that did not fit into runtapes collect into holdingdisk. This avoids having writen one tape to 100% and the next one with 1%.