Amanda-Users

Re: forcing skipped incrementals into holding disk

2005-02-15 21:45:49
Subject: Re: forcing skipped incrementals into holding disk
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:37:18 -0500
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 01:12:11PM +1100, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

> Since re-reading the manpage, thanks to some advice here, I've increased
> runtapes to 2, which I think will solve this.  I didn't realise that it was
> an upper limit rather than an absolute, although I'm still unconvinced that
> Amanda will continue to use only one tape except in this extreme case; we'll
> see in the next week how well it goes.

Just a point of example;  I've had runtapes 3 for about 2 years but very
few days exceed 1 tape.  Where it helps me is when I'm lazy and forget
to change the tape magazine and let several, or a week's worth, of
dumps build on the holding disk.  When I finally change the magazine
and run amflush, amanda will use up to 3 tapes.  If runtapes were 1,
then I'd have to do many amflushes.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)