Amanda-Users

Re: forcing skipped incrementals into holding disk

2005-02-17 04:49:12
Subject: Re: forcing skipped incrementals into holding disk
From: Kevin Dalley <kevin AT kelphead DOT org>
To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:39:12 -0800
Geert Uytterhoeven <geert AT linux-m68k DOT org> writes:

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Kevin Dalley wrote:
>> Disadvantages
>>
>> The primary disadvantage is the need for a holding disk which can
>> handle roughly twice the size of the tape, though I can get away with
>> slightly less space than this.
>
> And since your data is put on tape with one day delay, there's a bigger risk
> of
> lost data due to a broken holding disk, right?

Yes, but the odds of the holding disk and the original disk both
breaking are small, barring earthquake or fire.  Under that situation,
the tapes might be destroyed as well.

With my situation, most of the backups are done to a single tape,
though the last couple of weeks have usually had some leftover data
stored on the holding disk.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevin AT kelphead DOT org