Amanda-Users

Re: forcing skipped incrementals into holding disk

2005-02-15 21:10:21
Subject: Re: forcing skipped incrementals into holding disk
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:59:57 -0500
On Tuesday 15 February 2005 19:49, Jamie Wilkinson wrote:
>This one time, at band camp, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>>If you have plenty of holdingdisk space, I would think they would
>>> go there. Even with the default reserve of 100%, you should still
>>> get the incremental. You might have to look in the debug files to
>>> see why they were completely skipped.
>>
>>If the dumps are too big, and the holding disks reserve is at the
>>default of 100%, the dump *will not be done*.
>>
>>Set the reserve on the holding disk, if you've got a ton, to
>> something like 30%, which will let it do fulls till there is only
>> 30% of the holding disk left.
>
>The reserve is set to 40%.  Amanda is not dumping anything once the
> planner decides it won't fit on the tape, according to the debug
> log.

Whats 60% of the holding disk in gigabytes?
The tape is how many gigabytes?
The dle is how many gigabytes?

If the dle is bigger than the tape, then amanda won't do it, a strong
argument for either a bigger tape drive, or breaking the dle up into
smaller pieces.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: